12 Aug Food & Wine Friday: Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps And Wine
This Week In Food & Wine: Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps And Wine
We can all agree that we’d love to eat healthier but too often that means eating bland or less than delicious foods. Well that trend ends with 2016. We declare 2016 & 2017 the year of the healthy AND delicious! The foods we eat should be as good for our taste buds as they are for our hearts & waists. Enter teriyaki chicken lettuce wraps and wine! Of course we mustn’t forget our heart healthy companion, wine! Liven your palate with one of these Grape Certified Gold medal winning white wines:
GRAPE CERTIFIED GOLD WINE RECOMMENDATIONS:
Eden Ridge Chardonnay ($12) – Total Wine & Select Wine Retailers
Matanzas Sauvignon Blanc ($18) – Total Wine, Wine.com, BevMo & Select Wine Retailers
Chateau Monbousquet Blanc ($45 & Up) – Wine.com & Specialty Wine Retailers
This recipe is not only delicious but it’s simple, with a prep & cook time of 26 minutes. Keep in mind, though, you’ll want to marinate your chicken for several hours if not overnight for maximum enjoyment so plan to prep the night before. Let’s get our teriyaki chicken lettuce wraps and wine started!
2 boneless & skinless chicken breasts (halved)
1 cup of teriyaki sauce
¼ cup of fresh lemon juice
2 tsp of fresh garlic (minced)
1 small head of lettuce
1 medium tomato (chopped)
1 medium avocado (sliced or cubed)
1 small carrot (grated)
¼ head of purple cabbage (thinly sliced)
Bleu cheese crumbles
Pink grapefruit or blood orange slices
Trader Joe’s Sweet Chili sauce
1. Combine the teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, garlic and chicken in a resealable container or Ziploc bag. Shake to coat and place in the refrigerator**.
2. Heat bbq or grill pan to med-high heat then coat lightly with sesame oil.
3. Cook chicken breasts for 5 – 7 minutes or until juices run clear.
4. Cut grilled chicken breasts into slices, cubes or desired size for wraps.
5. Add chicken, tomato, carrot, avocado, cabbage and cheese crumbles to a leaf of lettuce.
6. If you’re feeling a little adventurous, add a blood orange or pink grapefruit slice.
7. Plate, dip in Trader Joe’s Sweet Chili sauce and enjoy. Bon Appetit!
While these wraps are delicious by themselves, you may need something more to fill the tank. Try peach slices & Greek yogurt or veggies & hummus. Teriyaki chicken lettuce wraps and wine are healthy & delicious, a deadly combination in the best kind of way! Here’s to a healthy 2016. We hope you enjoyed this Friday’s food and wine pairing. We’re not only confident you’ll enjoy today’s food & wine recipe but we’re excited for you try these Grape Certified white wine recommendations!
If you enjoyed this post please don’t forget to like it above and join the discussion by leaving a rating and a comment below. Thanks and we’ll see you next week for another edition of Food & Wine Friday. Feel free to share your thoughts with us in the comments below and at www.thegrape.com. Cheers!