18 Sep Food & Wine Friday: Pepper Crusted Pork Chops and Wine
This Week In Food & Wine: Pepper Crusted Pork Chops and White Wine
Ever been to a fancy steak house like Ruth’s Chris and they offer you a peppercorn-crusted steak? Well, at TheGrape we love this recipe, however, as we like to do, we’re changing things up and taking this amazing technique and applying it to pork chops with a delicious Montreal Steak seasoning. Not only will this switch have your taste buds buzzing and when it’s also paired with one of our wine suggestions, you’ll have what we like to call Grapeness! This pork chop recipe might just be one our most perfect food and wine combinations, exploding with flavorful delight! This is a really simple recipe and we’re confident it will have you rethinking your fancy restaurant steak from here on out. Following the recipe you’ll find our Grape Certified wine recommendations but should you need a glass to relax while cooking scroll down now and pop a bottle open.
Easy Pepper Crusted Pork Chop Recipe – Serves: 4 – Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 4 – 2inch thick, boneless Pork Chops
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Allow your pork chops to be brought to room temperature while still in the package.
- While waiting, heat your oven to 425 degrees on broil. You can also prep your searing pan by coating it with olive oil on a paper towel.
- Now, remove all 4 pork chops from their packaging and set on an even surface.
- Brush evenly, the top of each pork chop with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the top of each pork chop with the Montreal Steak Seasoning making sure to give them an even covering.
- Next, pat the seasoning into the pork chops using a spoon.
- Flip each pork shop and repeat the oiling, seasoning and patting process. Your Pork chops are ready to be cooked!
- Heat the searing pan under high heat until it begins to lightly smoke.
- Place all four pork chops in the pan at the same time and cook for 2 minutes.
- After the 2 minutes is up, flip and repeat for another 2 minutes.
- Once done, put the entire pan and pork chops directly into the oven and broil for 7 minutes.
- Once done, pull from the oven flip over and let rest for 1-2 minutes in the searing pan. After this your Pepper Crusted Pork Chops are ready to be enjoyed with sides such as brown rice, sautéed Portobello mushrooms or even sautéed Brussels sprouts.
As for sides we’ve enjoyed this meal a small mixed green, asparagus, and most recently with mashed potatoes. Pork chops are so versatile that they pair with any number of foods and wines so pick your favorite sides and grab a bottle of one our Grape Certified wine recommendations and enjoy the evening the way it was truly meant to be enjoyed. Cheers!
Our Grape Certified Wine Recommendations:
Wine Rating: Grape Certified Gold
Wine Rating: Grape Certified Gold
We hope you enjoyed this Friday’s food & wine pairing. We’re confident you’ll enjoy today’s Grape Certified Gold wine recommendations and this pepper crusted pork chops recipe! If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like it above and join the discussion by leaving a rating and a comment below. Thanks and we’ll see you next week for another edition of Wine Wednesday and Food & Wine Friday. Cheers!
Easy Pepper Crusted Pork Chops Recipe
Cook & Prep Time
Cost & Difficulty
Pork chops are nice because they are not only filling but they're easy to make make, both in terms of ingredients and time. In a few short minutes you'll be huddled around the table with your family enjoying a glass of wine with this deliciously easy dinner recipe. Not surprisingly, the ever versatile pork pairs well with both red and white wine so we've suggested a Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay that we think you'll love.